LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS
- Every student must possess his/ her Library Card while making use of the Library facility.
- Strict discipline must be maintained in the Library.
- Indiscipline may lead to disciplinary action and the library privileges may be withdrawn.
- One book will be issued against one Reader’s Ticket for specific number of days only.
- Reference material should not be taken outside the Library.
- Newspapers and Periodicals will not be issued.
- When books are issued, students should check the pages of the issued books and if pages are found missing, they
should report the same to the Librarian before leaving the Counter.
- Students are required to handle books and reading material very carefully.
- Marking library books with pencil or ink, tearing the pages or spoiling the same in any other way will be viewed
- In the event of damage of any kind, the reader will be liable to compensate for damage. Books will have to be
- It is observed that some of the students do not return the Library Books on or before the due date stamped on
the date slip attached in the book depriving other students. In order to prevent such students from keeping Library
books with them beyond due date, a fine of Rs. 1/- per day will be charged.
- In case a Reader loses a book, he/ she should replace the book. In case the book cannot be replaced, the current
price of the book will be paid by the borrower.
- Membership card is nontransferable.
- Students must not lend their Readers Ticket to any other student to borrow books from the Library. Library facilities
will be withdrawn for students misusing cards.
- The school Leaving Certificate or Transfer Certificate will be issued to student only after he/ she has returned
all the Library books and cleared all library dues.
- Reader’s ticket must be renewed every year as notified.
- In case a student loses his/ her Reader’s Ticket then the student should report the loss of ticket immediately
to the librarian and apply for a Duplicate card on the prescribed form available at the Library Counter by paying
Rs. 5/- per ticket.
Note: Violation of these Rules will call for disciplinary action against the defaulters.